For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Sunday 23 June 2013

You Don't Know You're a Dream...

--> Summer rain gathers in the clouds, the air fractures under their full weight causing heavy buckets of water to fall lovingly to an Earth it had embraced last winter. I close my eyes to better hear the sky's tears, the beating of their hearts against the window, like tiny voices asking to come in. In the darkness behind my eyes I see her again, trying to change the past. I think her name is Jane, but I don’t know her from my life. She wanders around the courtyard that’s buried between the buildings where my apartment rests. Her long hair floats around her like snow in the breeze, never falling on her shoulders. I like it when she visits me but I think she might be stealing my mail. Perhaps she is waiting on a love letter that was never delivered. I want to hear what her voice sounds like but she never talks. I don’t think she knows she’s a dream.... -->

Another exert from We Once Were Strangers, my unfinished book :(   

No comments:

Post a Comment