For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 1 June 2013

Life Waits in the Distance...

My nails were thin but I bit them still. The nights shadow blanketed the Earth, then was disrupted by the moons light. I looked for you in the forest, between the trees, their thin bodies surprisingly dense as they stood next to each other, a line up of stand-ins disguising the real crime. 
My breath was still in the days first light, afraid I might disappoint you before the sun even warmed the Earth.
I'm always quiet when I feel the most, as though I'm struggling to hear through the echo of confusion that covers me.
We put our hands together, as if feeling the birth of each others breath against the dew that soaked through our socks and the fog that rest in our hair.
The clouds roll over and the day finally opens with such promise and naked innocence. Everything is a circle, my lungs are full.

No comments:

Post a Comment