For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Sunday 16 June 2013

If We Knew Each Others Secrets...

My favourite place in the world is under the Autumnal tree tunnel in Oxfordshire where I grew. 
Perhaps I was born twice, in different places, to other people, with different names. One of me still lives there under the trees, a blanket of leaves my bed, the feeling of your words around me. 
When we fell we were separated like night and day, only a few moments to brush against each other as darkness steals the dusk. 

My breath rests in front of me, I can hold it in my hands, the crisp morning air framing my words, trying to pick up all of the pieces of me that are lost. 

Last nights darkness was so bright it hurt my eyes. In my dreams you asked me to take your hand. I led you to the treetops, their roots holding onto the hill. 
The morning came briefly, then lost its fight with the night. There wasn't enough sky to hold all the stars, they dripped into our hair. Then our time together was over just as it began. In a fleeting moment of breathless words, Autumn finished, the snow fell without sound, my heart scattered in pieces on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment