For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 28 January 2012

The Dream Comes After That..

A ripe apple fell of the tree we planted and I knew that it was time to leave home. The nest was warm and I was still a little shaky with my wings, but I knew I wouldn't fall. 

She whispered and it was there, all the happiness of yesterday came rushing back, almost knocking me off my feet. 
He watched me get dressed, everything I put on, he took off. My perfume floated through the air, finding a home on my neck then nestling behind my ear.
I was on his lips for days.

Deep breath twice..
Lately you've been in my dreams, the scent of freshly cut grass reminds me I'm surrounded by life, even as I fall asleep in a concrete jungle. My window is open. I know you're outside on my stoop smoking a cigarette, but I can't smell the smoke anymore and I can't feel the fire.
My ring doesn't fit when it's winter, I leave it on my dresser when I go to work, wanting to see it again is all that gets me home safe.
Life isn't enough for me now because I used to have you. Being in love is like floating, if you're unlucky enough to see it end, you have to learn to walk.

There's a spider in my room that bites me every night, we're friends though, it knows that I will never harm it.
I love him, so what does it matter where we lay.

Everything ends on a whisper, but we left this world on a glance. Torn apart by impending shadows, forever separated by our dreams.
I'm not sure how it ends, know one does, but one. I do know something though, this isn't a rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment