For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Sunday 4 September 2011

My Love Affair

I didn't want it to be over, but like the sun hiding behind a cloud, with each turn of the pages I knew I was closer to being in the shadows once more. I drew it out for as long as I could and although I didn't want to finish it, I wanted to get to the end. Walking down a garden path is always somehow better than the secret at the end. Knowing this I took my time to hold the pages the way they wanted to be held, to caress their edges and gaze longingly into the eyes of their words. Each chapter was like a date, a wine and dine with the characters of the story and I always enjoyed the dinner. A slow dance was often included and sometimes they would repeat the song. As the night closed the hours before we would see each other again were painful to consider. So as I drifted off into my night time world, with the book still next to me, all I could hope for was that my dreams would kindly take me down that garden path once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment