For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Falling...


I fell through a dream and ended up here. Rain settled in cracks between the pavement, I wondered how it held so much weight but never buckled. I realised I had lived in a picture and this wasn’t my home. The night’s eye divided the river in two, separated by bridges and boats bobbing in the distance. A full moon stopped the sky from falling, after a long day of protecting the earth. Later on the stars stole my thoughts as I carried the clouds home in my rucksack, missing the voice inside. The echo of waves in the corridors of my mind told me to breathe.
The next day felt different, the window was warm from the inside my hand caressed it gently. The sun marked a light on the path for me to follow, only the leaves on my favourite tree knew what to say. I held his heart in my hand as he read my dreams. We were each other’s soft landing. I kept walking forwards and ended up right next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment