For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 2 June 2012

Awake and Dreaming...

As everything fell in place all I wanted was a happy ending. My mind skipped a page and I took my time making sense of the story, but here I am now at your place, a door separates our forms. 
My mind is weak from thought, could it manage one more puzzle?

Snow blanketed my shadow snatching its dark life away. My heart beat in phrases to a song that was once my favourite. 
I waited for a movement, a footstep, a breath. My gloved hand touched your door, then moved aside to the glass pane, tapping twice. Some sick feeling told me you wouldn't answer. A quiver ran through me. 
The plants outside slumped as their leaves carried snow, its delicate form a heavy weight, but when it melted it gave them life. 
Beauty hid in corners and in plain sight.

I woke from a dream, never realising the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment