For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 19 May 2012

Nothing's Perfect...

.. Except us.

My past held me softly in place, the echo of the future pushed me on. The path I had walked left heavy gashes in the Earth's skin, some down to the bone. Now I tread lightly, my soft trail a broken whisper. The lights were on in expectance of the night, but darkness never fell. Dream-time cast a shadow over my mind and I slipped carelessly into The Beyond. 
A starless sky swept me into its arms, now the cities were my sky. The yellow glow from office buildings and path lamps, the stars I would wish upon. All the noise of the day had come to an end, the sky held me lower so I could hear the Earth breathing. It barely made a sound.
As everything fell away I realised why I was there, to never know anything and to always hope for more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment