For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 26 May 2012

Five Seconds...

This is just a moment in time, step aside and let it happen.
Her movements were slow, a steady breeze over a puddle. She was only ever half there, a wish without a star, my dream without an ending. She never knew I'd remember her forever, I never said a word.

We waited at the bus stop together, the rain falling in sheets. Strangers in the park shared a single umbrella. I knew we'd met by chance. 
The last time we spoke was ordinary, our conversation insignificant. You were wearing a jumper frayed at the edges. I walked you to your car. Your hair fell against my shoulder as we hugged, I meant to tell you, you were beautiful.

You would go home and so would I. A week later I thought about you again, though we weren't in the same place. I stood in a garden-bed staring at your vacant parking space. A stranger offered me shelter from the rain.
Last Sunday you were murdered by someone who didn't know your name. Who didn't know you'd planned to be so much more. 

I thought about you a week later and all the days in-between. The rain fell in sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment