For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Friday 27 April 2012

Last Heroes...

I looked at the sky, we could be anywhere in the world. The stars I see now aren't even there anymore.

We're the last heroes?

It disturbed her to see him weak, it disturbed him more so.
"I was there from the start, just a boy"
I knew that everything he told me was truth, I never forgot one word.
Soft clouds swept over the sky hiding the dull stars momentarily, the bright ones shone through. I'd forgotten the romance of a whisper, the comfort of his words, the night reminded me.

"I had you from the start" 

The Earth was silent, everything around us fell away. We were imprinted by a sentence that held the innocence of a child and the knowledge of a man who knew what it was to be alone. To me, he'd always been so strong, now I knew all of him. 
I never believed in accidents. I always thought they made things full of importance seem meaningless. The importance of us bumping into each other, all the 'accidents' leading to when we first met. If I'd stepped to the right, was five minutes late, may I have married a complete stranger instead of you? If I could be this happy with anyone would he still take me here, kiss me hard and touch me softly. 
To feel my blood rushing under my skin, our hearts beating the same rhythm.

Never.
God made us in pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment