For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Sunday 1 April 2012

Fireflies...

The winter kissed me blissfully, all the clouds came at once. 
My lamp glowed in the corner attracting little flying insects that hadn't seen sunlight for days. I felt their happiness as they flew towards the artificial stars, in love with the yellow warmth that burnt them each time they touched.
Everything settled down at night, I could see the Earth falling asleep out of the corner of my eye, as boys in cars raced each other on streets in the background. Warm milk coated my throat reminding me of when I was young, it didn't help me sleep anymore but something about the way the cup felt in my hands and how smooth it was as it touched my lips, soothed me. 
The cold air trickled through my window without pausing, just like rain in Vancouver.
I could never dream at night, perhaps because I spent the day dreaming.
I sent you a card, it must have been lost in the post, maybe it was delivered to someone else.

He cut out a piece of his life and let me hold it for the shortest time. We stood closely, loved deeply and were left heartless when it was over.


No comments:

Post a Comment