For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Day's Wake...

If I'd have known,
the sun would never rise,
the trees would never grow.

Sometimes the world is so perfect, it feels like a mistake.
We ride the line and as we get higher,
there's a break,
in the day.
As though life is letting us longer consider,
if we should walk away.

A second, a whisper, a look of love,
prepared me for the moment,
I'd always dreamed of...

I'm not lost, I'm just wandering.
And if everyone is lonely,
no one's ever alone.
And if your path was already set,
I was meant to step this way on my own.

Too long we've thought, that space beside us needs to be filled.
But if you think on everything, all the mistakes and what was willed,
you'll see in life there is no plan.
Your soft features, and your innocence is something that can stand,
on its own,
in the face of the wildest storm.
Because the one that's always stood beside us,
rather above,
built us strong enough to walk this path alone,
made our hearts in a way that lets them love again even if broke,
into pieces like a perfect wave.
Like the specs of sand that caress the Earth at the shores base.

As I see undistracted, I notice all the tiny details,
of this patchwork quilt that is the world,
and all the reasons it can't fail.

Photo I took flying over Australia recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment