For Lovers Only

For Lovers Only

Saturday 10 October 2015

Down the Line...

When I think of all that's led me here,
It's the kind of world that only exists in movies,
it's the kind of love that makes you want to cry.
I'm so shy,
too shy maybe for this world.
Though some flowers bloom in darkness.

All the things that have happened,
all the pain from my past that's built me,
is spectacular when viewed from a distance.
Because it's all so small compared to me now,
how,
strong I am.
Like an old red oak, next to a daisy.
I've grown without light,
without water,
all alone, on my own.
Now there's a place for me in the sun,
and all that I've done, overcome
Can be seen and celebrated.
And there he is,
a few pages in, that one from my dreams
waiting to take me away.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment